Assorted utilities for LIFT files.
- Validate Lift File. Ensure the file is compliant with the latest version of the LIFT schema.
- Merge Homographs
- Split out each sense containing a CAWL word list number into its own entry
- Remove glosses & definitions written in unwanted writing systems
- Find any orphaned audio and image files
- Fix audio file names
Get the latest from http://downloads.palaso.org/LiftTools/.
Each tool in the application comes with its own instructions, but here are some instructions for how to use LiftTools with dictionary applications:
- Backup you WeSay Project (Or better yet, do a Send/Receive and indicate "Before merging homographs" (or whatever))
- Run LiftTools, and point it at the .lift file of your project.
- Run the utilities
At the moment LiftTools is shy. It is afraid to actually change your original LIFT file. Instead, it will make a new one, alongside your old one. So
4. Rename the old LIFT file, and then rename the new one to match it. Open WeSay, and you should see the change you made with the utility.
FieldWorks Language Explorer (FLEx)¶
- In FLEx, select File:Project Management:Backup and Restore. Backup your project.
- Select File Menu:Export..., Export LIFT.
- In LiftTools, choose the file you just exported.
- Run the tool
- In FLEx, choose File:Import:Lift Lexicon.
a. Select the radio button which says "import the conflicting data and overwrite the current data". If you fail to do this, any items removed (say, because they were merged into another entry) will not be removed from your lexicon.
b. Untick the "Trust entry modification times"
c. Click "Browse..." and select the file which was output by the LiftTools tool.
d. Click OK.
- DownloadsUrl: <iframe src="http://downloads.palaso.org/LiftTools/" />
Updated Homograph Merger
The Homograph Merger can now merge many senses (> 2), and can now merge in 'option list' properties.
New 'CAWL' tool added to Lift Tools
The CAWL tool removes forms for glosses and definitions that are only present due to use of the CAWL task.
New 'Writing Systems' tool added to Lift Tools
The Writing Systems tool helps clean up unwanted Writing Systems
New 'Audio Files' tool added to Lift Tools
The Audio Files tool helps reconnect audio files to Lift data.